Dear Homeowners, Taxpayers, Realtors, and Title Companies
The City of Livonia Assessment Department accepts submission of all Real and Personal Property Forms and Exemptions through the Department email:
The Department will also continue to encourage the submission of these forms via standard mail or the City Hall Drop-Box located on the east side of the building.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding your submissions.
The Assessing Department is responsible for the valuation of all residential, commercial, industrial, and personal property in the City of Livonia and answers inquiries from current residents, prospective home-buyers, and all members of the property purchasing process.
Inquiries with the Assessor’s office include:
- Legal descriptions and lot sizes
- Lot splits and combinations
- Ownership of property
- Personal property
- Property tax estimates
- Qualifications for filing of State exemptions
- Disabled Veterans Exemptions
In the City of Livonia, the Assessor’s department would like to remind you of the deadline for filing a Principal Residence Exemption (P.R.E/Homestead) Affidavit. A valid affidavit filed on or before June 1 allows an owner to receive a PRE on the current year summer and winter tax levy and subsequent tax levies so long as it remains the owner’s principal residence. A valid affidavit filed after June 1 and on or before November 1 allows an owner to receive a PRE on the current winter tax levy and subsequent tax levies so long as it remains the owner’s principal residence.
Small Business Owners
In the State of Michigan, small business owners with a Personal Property True Cash Value of $80,000 or less are encouraged to file the L-5076 Small Business Property Tax Exemption.
All state documents and city of Livonia forms can be found below under the "Homeowners," and "Business Owners" tabs.
real property exemptions & forms
- Property Transfer Affidavit (PDF)
- Principal Residence Exemption (PDF)
- Rescind Principal Residence Exemption (PDF)
- Rescind of Principal Residence Exemption (Conditional) (PDF)
- Lot Split/Combine Application (PDF)
- Disabled Veteran Exemption Application (PDF)
- Property Tax Relief Application (2021) (PDF)