For an up to date look at our latest classes and programs check out our L Magazine for class dates, times and fees or call us at (734) 466-2900. Also check out our Events Calendar for upcoming events, special announcements and holiday family fun!
Class Registration Information
The Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center offers Winter I and Winter II Sessions. The registration start dates are based on your membership or resident status.
Winter I Registration
- Members: December 9 at 6 a.m.
- Residents: December 10-11 at 6 a.m.
- Non Residents: December 12 at 6 a.m.
8 WEEK SESSION
- Classes Begin: Week of January 6
- Classes End: Week of February 24
Winter II Registration
- Members: February 10 at 6 a.m.
- Residents: February 11-12 at 6 a.m.
- Non Residents: February 13 at 6 a.m.
8 WEEK SESSION
- Classes Begin: Week of March 2
- Classes End: Week of April 20
Some programs may vary in the number of weeks offered. Refer to your class selection for details. You may begin registering online based on your membership or resident status as noted above.
Private Swim Lessons
Online registration is not available for Private Swim lessons.
Easy Ways to Register
Walk It In
Register in person! The Kirksey Recreation Center is located at 15100 Hubbard (Five Mile and Hubbard).
Recreation Center Regular Hours: (Day after Labor Day through May 31)
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Recreation Center Summer Hours: (June 1 through Labor Day)
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fax It In
Recreation Center: (734) 466-2929
Use your Visa, Discover or MasterCard (white paper only). No Fax-in or Mail-in for swim lesson registration. Walk-in or Online registration only. Online registration is not available for Private Swim lessons.
Mail it In
Livonia Parks and Recreation
Livonia, MI 48154
Use the activity registration form (PDF). Enclose a check, money order, Visa, Discover or MasterCard number. Make checks payable to the City of Livonia. No Fax-in or Mail-in for swim lesson registration. Walk-in or Online registration only. Online registration is not available for Private Swim lessons. For more information, contact the Kirksey Recreation Center at (734) 466-2900.
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
- Registrations will be accepted until the program/class is full or until the week prior to the start of the program/class.
- Carefully print all information on the registration form.
- Forms on the Parks and Recreation website.
- For questions, call (734) 466-2900.
- Faxes or mail-ins received early will be processed after 3 p.m. the day you are eligible to register.
- No fax-ins or mail-ins for swim lessons. Swim lessons must register in person or online. Online registration is not available for Private Swim lessons.
Fees are subject to change through a resolution adopted by the Livonia Parks and Recreation Commission and/or Livonia City Council.
Refunds for instructional classes will be made only if a refund application is submitted. The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any activity based on insufficient enrollment or other conditions beyond our control. The following refund amounts will be issued for classes, camps, special events and clinics:
- Canceled by department - Full amount
- Customer cancels:
- After second class - No refund
- Before the second class - 50% of the class fee
- By 5 p.m. one week prior - Class fee less $10 processing fee
Refunds require three to four weeks to process. Refunds for annual passes will be made only in extraordinary circumstances upon written request. Transaction fees for online transactions cannot be refunded for any reason. No refunds on material fees, T-ball/coach pitch or girl’s softball.
Program / Class Viewing
To assist our instructors in providing an optimum learning experience for your child, we ask that you refrain from entering the teaching area. This helps eliminate distractions for both the instructor and student. Space permitting, parents may be invited to view their children’s progress at specified times. Seating areas are available while your child is in a program/class. Your understanding is appreciated.
Acknowledgment of Risk
We want the registrants in our programs to be aware that when they participate in certain activities, there is a natural element of risk of injury which each participant must assume. As a loss prevention measure and risk management standard, participants are required to sign an Acknowledgment of Risk form for certain classes and activities. If a participant is under 18 years of age, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is necessary. It is recommended that participants in program/classes involving strenuous activity consult with their physician prior to the start of their program/class.
Photographs, digital images or videotape of program participants and spectators taken by Department representatives may be used for future promotional or marketing material. Cameras, cell phones or any other devices capable of taking still and/or video pictures are prohibited from being used in the Recreation Center locker rooms, family changing room or restrooms. Thank you for your cooperation.
For most programs/classes, age requirements will be as of the date of the first class, unless noted. Age requirements are established for the benefit of the student and instructor as well as for safety. Please verify that your child is within the specified guidelines.