Adult Water Exercise
The Kirksey Recreation Center offers many water exercise classes on convenient days and times. Sign up for a day time class and take advantage of our matinée prices.
Pre-Registration is required as space is limited. Most classes are 50 to 60 minutes per class and meet once a week. Please note that some classes may change from session to session. For an up to date listing of class fees, days, and times, please check out the Aquatics Section in our most current issue of our L Magazine.
Drop-In Water Aerobics Fees
Do you prefer variety in our workouts or perhaps your schedule varies weekly? Our Drop-In classes will work out perfectly. Note: 2 drop-in wrist bands are required for classes 75 minutes or more in length.
Drop-ins are welcome as long as space available in class. Check with our front desk to make sure space is available prior to drop-in at (734) 466-2900.
Look for descriptions, dates, times and prices in the L Magazine.
Important Aquatic Area Rules
- Youth 11 and under must be directly supervised by a responsible person at least 16 years of age. Non-swimmers must have an adult in the pool within arms reach at all times.
- Avoid water activities if you have had diarrhea or a contagious disease in the past two weeks.
- Showers are required before entering the pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tight fitting plastic pants over a cloth or swim diaper.
- An appropriate bathing suit is required for swimming, please no tee shirts, or street clothes in the water.
- Lazy River and Water Slide riders under 48 inches tall must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person at least 16 years.
- Lap Swim -You may need to share your lane with other swimmers. Remember to circle swim, always staying to the right side.
- Only life jackets or flotation devices built into the bathing suit are allowed (non-inflatable). The use of these items requires parent/guardian to be within arms reach of the youth at all times. Toys may not be brought into or used in the pools.
- Food/drink not permitted in the pool area. Plastic water bottles only. Gum is prohibited.