The Planning Department, in conjunction with the Planning Commission, has developed a master land use plan for Livonia. Questions on present and future use of land can be directed to this department. The Livonia Guide to Development is a great reference tool in the early planning stages of your project.
If you are interested in learning about the requirements for new development, construction, and renovation we strongly encourage you to schedule a preliminary design or conceptual review meeting with our staff. These meetings are available at no cost and can help to significantly reduce the lead time for future permitting, planning, and/or zoning requests. To schedule a meeting, contact us at (734) 466-2290 or email email@example.com.
The Planning Director also serves as the City’s Economic Development Director, providing information and assistance to those wishing to find or develop industrial facilities or land.
- 2022 Planning Commission Schedule (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Greenbelt Application Form (PDF)
- Platted Subdivision Application (PDF)
- Rezoning Application Procedure, Ordinance and Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Signage Application (PDF)
- Site Condo Application (PDF)
- Site Plan Application (PDF)
- Tax Incentive Policy and Application (PDF)
- Waiver Use Application (PDF)
- Capital Improvements Program (PDF)
- Choose Livonia Flyer (PDF)
- Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing (PDF)
- Livonia Starts Now Vision 21 (PDF)
- Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance - Signs (PDF)
- Outdoor Lighting Policy (PDF)
- Petition Submittal Deadlines (PDF)
- Rules of Procedure (PDF)
- Stormwater Management Plan (PDF)
- Subdivision Rules (PDF)