T-Ball / Coach Pitch
spring 2021 T-BALL and COACH PITCH Coed league
Teams will practice and scrimmage on ball diamonds at parks around the City of Livonia. Parents will be contacted via email no later than April 22 with team placement and schedules.
Both leagues will start practices the week of May 3. All participants will be provided with COVID-19 guidelines prior to the league start date.
- T-Ball: Practices and scrimmages on Monday and Wednesday nights
- Coach Pitch: Practices and scrimmages on Tuesday and Thursday nights
Each participant will be provided with a team hat and shirt. Participants must provide their own gloves, active shorts/pants, active shoes and batting helmet.
Each league has its own portal with all team schedule information and rosters. Please click the link below for additional information.
T-Ball & Coach Pitch – COVID-19 Guidelines
In accordance with the May 4, Interim Guidance for Athletics Order, from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the following bolded updates have been made to the T-Ball & Coach Pitch Spring 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines:
- In accordance with the order, for non-contact sports practices and competition, face masks are not required during active play or practice when conducted outdoors.
- Masks and face shields are still highly encouraged for all participants and spectators.
- Coaches must still wear a mask/face shield when they are unable to socially distance from participants in both T-Ball and Coach Pitch Leagues.
- Parents are responsible for the screening of their participant(s) for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Participants are encouraged to stay home if they are showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- If an individual living in the same household of a T-Ball or Coach Pitch participant tests positive for COVID-19, Ethan Engel, Athletic Coordinator, must be contacted as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants need to supply their own baseball glove, pants, active shoes, and batting helmet for all practices and scrimmages. Livonia Parks and Recreation will provide a team hat and shirt.
- Coaches are responsible for sanitizing any shared equipment with wipes provided by Livonia Parks and Recreation before a new participant uses said equipment.
- Coaches will be provided with materials to sanitize equipment during practices and scrimmages.
- Spectators are encouraged to social distance from the team area and other spectators not in the same household.