T-Ball / Coach Pitch
ALL COACH PITCH PRACTICES FOR TUESday, SEPt. 1 HAVE BEEN CANCELED DUE TO IMPENDING SEVERE WEATHER.
PRACTICES WILL RESUME ON THURSday, SEPt. 3.
fall 2020 T-BALL/COACH PITCH
Parents will be contacted via email about the participant's team placement no later than Aug. 24. Teams and schedules will be available on the individual league portal listed below.
Practices will begin at the week of Aug. 31. There is no practice for T-Ball on Labor Day.
All practices and scrimmages will be played at the fields directly east of the Kirksey Recreation Center. There is limited space in each league.
There will be no make-up practices or games if canceled due to weather.
- Parents are responsible for the screening of their participant(s) for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Participants are encouraged to stay home if they are showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- If an individual living in the same household of a T-Ball or Coach Pitch participant tests positive for COVID-19, Ethan Engel, Athletic Coordinator, must be contacted as soon as possible at email@example.com.
- Participants need to supply their own baseball glove, pants, active shoes, and batting helmet for all practices and scrimmages. Livonia Parks and Recreation will provide a team hat and shirt.
- Coaches are required to wear masks at all times during practices and scrimmages.
- Participants are highly encouraged to wear masks but are not required.
- When on the bench, players will be spaced six feet apart at designated markers.
- Coaches will check-out any additional equipment needed (baseballs, bats, etc.) for practices and scrimmages from Parks and Recreation staff on-site. The equipment will be sanitized before and after each practice/scrimmage.
- Coaches will be provided with materials to sanitize equipment during practices and scrimmages.
- Any equipment provided by Livonia Parks and Recreation used during practices and/or scrimmages must be sanitized by the coaches between individual uses by players or coaches.
- There will not be a catcher’s position in either program to minimize the sharing of equipment.
- Spectators must sit in the designated seating areas and bring their own seating. They are encouraged to social distance from others not in the same household.