field rental applications for the 2021 season are now open. questions regarding field rentals can be directed to Ethan engel, athletic coordinator, at email@example.com.
Field Use Policy
The fields and facilities within Livonia Parks & Recreation are utilized for multiple sports and activities from season to season. Individuals wishing to use Livonia Parks & Recreation public athletic fields and facilities in an “as is” condition, may do so during normal park operating hours provided the field has not been reserved by another party or closed for maintenance purposes.
There is no charge for this use, and it will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a permit holder appears to use the facility, they must produce their permit (electronic or paper) and the drop-in user must vacate the facility to allow the permit holder their scheduled time. Any permit holder who uses another field (regardless of location) shall be charged for the permitted space.
For more information regarding policies and procedures, please reference our fields guidelines and inclement weather policy in the documents section at the top of this page.
Field rental applications
|Type of Field or Court||Resident Hourly Cost||Non-Resident Hourly Cost|
|Premium Diamond or Field||$30/hour||$50/hour|
|Standard Diamond or Field||$20/hour||$35/hour|
|Sand Volleyball Court||$20/hour||$35/hour|
- Resident: Organization or responsible party that resides in the city of Livonia
- Non-Resident: Responsible party or organization that resides outside the city of Livonia whether they are sponsored by a Livonia resident or not.
RENTAL APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND POLICIES
A rental application must be submitted at least four days in advance of the requested rental date and must be approved by the City of Livonia Parks & Recreation Department.
Applications will be reviewed in the following order:
- Livonia Parks and Recreation Sponsored Organizations
- Past year resident rentals
- Past year non-resident rentals
- New resident rentals
- New non-resident rentals
- Livonia Parks and Recreation holds the right to refuse use of space if not available or the activity for which the rental is requested is objectionable.
- All rental applications are considered requests until a permit is generated.
- Applications will be approved as quickly as possible.
- For applications submitted prior to March 1, applicants will hear the status of their application no later than March 4.
- All facility reservations must be at least one hour in length.
- Applications are approved once a permit has been generated for the reservation. The permit grants the team or group use of the facility stated date and time.
- If a user group goes over their reserved time on premium fields, they will be charged for each quarter-hour of use beyond their original time.
MAP OF FIELDS:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who should I contact if the field is located at a school?
- Requests for reservations on school-owned properties must be submitted to the Board of Education.
- Contact the Community Education Office at (734) 744-2605.
- Where can I find out updates regarding weather cancellations?
- Weather Hotline: (734) 466-2299
- The weather hotline will be updated by 4 p.m. daily regarding cancellations made by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- If there is no update regarding your rental or activity on the hotline, it is on the individual/organization running their programs to notify their participants.
- If I rent a field, what equipment do I need to provide?
- Livonia Parks & Recreation will provide the goals, nets and lining on all soccer fields. It is up to the individual team/organization to provide the remaining equipment needed (corner flags, balls, etc.).
- Depending upon the ball diamond, you may need to provide bases. The Athletic Coordinator will be able to provide you more information.
- All other equipment and staffing (umpires, bats, balls, etc.) must be provided by the organization.